Executive Sous Chef
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Location: US - MD - Linthicum
PM Hotel Group is a top 25, leading hotel management company. We manage nearly 40 hotels and development projects comprised of more than 9,000 rooms throughout coast to coast. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our fantastic team at the Hilton Baltimore BWI Hotel Food and Beverage Team.
"Our Mission identifies four interconnected themes for success”
We are in search for experienced Executive Sous Chef to assist the Executive Chef and manage the kitchen staff in the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel’s restaurant(s), banquets and room service in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Assist Executive Chef with personnel functions as directed, e.g. interviewing, training, performance evaluations, resolving problems, providing open communication and recommending discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel’s restaurants, banquets and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all company/franchise standards.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets or exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained or improved.
- Promote accident prevention programs to minimize accidents and related expenses.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Must have the ability to communicate in English.Self-starting personality with an even disposition.Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.