The Miramonte Resort and Spa is a full-service Mediterranean-style 215 room resort situated on 11 acres of lush, flowering gardens in beautiful Indian Wells, California. Amenities include a full-service luxury spa and 18,000 square feet of meeting space, restaurant, bar, three pools and many other activities. At Miramonte Resort and Spa all our associates are STARS. Our culture provides an environment of service, teamwork, accountability, recognition and success. Our associates' contributions are recognized and rewarded, and our leadership team empowers our associates to take the lead on guest service. We hire friendly, service-oriented individuals who are committed to making Miramonte the premier destination in desert.
Job OverviewThis position brings to bear their organizational and detailing skills to identify and implement profitable execution of all groups. Ensure that each group that the manager is responsible for meets or exceeds their revenue expectations based on their contracts. Active and positive contribution towards a high performance based culture through customer advocacy, sustained revenue achievement, communication and team participation.Essential Functions
- Focus on a consistently execute up-selling approach
- Work on all aspects of the sales process from receiving inquiry calls, booking business, confirming details and working with the group while they are at the hotel
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions
- Escort clients through the property and highlight features of facility as well as available services
- Meet & greet clients on event dates and supervise as needed
- General knowledge of conference technology and audio visual needs
- Entertain prospective clients and give tours of event space, outlets and guest rooms
- Keep updated on current sales trends within the market and the competitive set
- Work with F&B Director and Banquet Manager to establish policy standards, procedures, operational guidelines & service manual
- Minimum 3 years Hotel Sales experience in a luxury setting required.
- Ability to sell, plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail.
- Proven track record of booking repeat business.
- Professionally represent the resort in community and industry organizations and events.
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments and to hotel sales and marketing leaders.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently. Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi sales management system.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management and competitive market.
- Strong culinary and beverage knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.