Executive Meetings Manager
Embassy Suites Newark/Wilmington-South
Location: US - DE - Newark
Newark, DE, US 19713
Responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by proactively prospecting, facilitating and closing group business opportunities as well as event execution.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Identifying new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools
• Prospecting for new business through individual creativity and innovation
• Negotiating group business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
• Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
• Maintaining accurate Hotel Sales Pro or Delphi information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts, traces up to date and use of To Do List
• Following proper event management procedures for event execution to include, but not limited to, BEO creation, F & B forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management
• Producing accurate contracts, banquet/catering event orders and resumes within timeframe set by hotel
• Responding to al leads and RFPs within 24 hours
• Maintaining accurate and timely internal hotel communication
• Conducting site inspections, local sales calls and attending appropriate trade shows and client events
• Creating a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution of event
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translate into sales solutions. Experience at a similar size and quality hotel. Experience in internet research and database mining. Basic understanding of event management policies and execution. Knowledge of general sales techniques or evidence of formal training. Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive. Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills. Track record of developing long term relationships. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action. Organizational skills including follow-up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. Skills for problem-solving, analysis, effective decision-making, negotiation and interpretation of contracts. Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, client, and other employees of the organization. Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Hotel Sales Pro and experience a plus!
Our customers/vendors are our priority. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff and patrons. It is essential to remain professional at all times, and to treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day. The position is a key ambassador and representative of PM Hotel Group’s Support Center.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something. During major service hours it is expected to have the position expedite in front of the line and be visible to the guests in the dining room.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate