• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Duties & Functions
• Solicit and contract group business based on assigned market segments.
• Manage the contracting, planning and coordination of corporate meeting and banquet arrangements for corporate events with room blocks of 20 rooms per night peak or less (social events can be included later if deemed necessary by hotel and department leadership)
• Coordination and timely updating of all group and event notes in Delphi sales management system
• Work closely with client and event planners when required to insure future business potential
• Coordinate guest room blocks and special guest room requirements for all Conference Services and Catering and communicate all information to related departments in an efficient and results-oriented manner in group resume format
• Supervise service and overall coordination of all arrangements on BEOs and resumes in a timely manner. Timely distribution of precise catering requirements to all departments (BEOs and resumes are due for the following week by 12:00pm on Tuesdays).
• Ensure obligations are met by the hotel and exceed the client’s expectations with satisfaction reflected in ratings and comments from the clients.
• Ensure satisfactory liaison between clients/guests and hotel departments
• Provide immediate follow up after events and relate client compliments and concerns to all related departments, with follow up and resolution completed when needed within 24 hours
• Achieve booking goals through soliciting assigned market segments; handling and booking leads on assigned Inquiry Days through creative networking, outside solicitation calls and activities, and ongoing intelligence gathering from assigned market segments
• “Up-sell” all department services to include food and beverage, amenities and décor to increase food, beverage and miscellaneous revenue
• Charge meeting room rental for corporate and social bookings based on department guidelines and event room capabilities.
• Ensure proper posting of attrition when required.
• Work closely with audiovisual company to ensure client AV needs are met
• Network within the social and corporate community to establish relationships with clients, event planners, competitive-set catering managers and industry colleagues
• Follow all deposit policies and coordinate payment of all event bills based on department procedures, working closely with Credit Manager to ensure proper billing
• Attend Daily WBR Meeting (8:15am), attend Sales and Catering meetings when called (Friday, 8:00am)
• Work closely with other Catering Managers, Conference Services Managers and Sales Managers to increase overall product knowledge
• Provide creativity and support for the team and colleagues when needed
• Ongoing development of menu and décor trends through magazine, websites, and individual study
• Maintain Knowledge of group arrival/departure patterns
• Comply with outside vendor requirements, and knowledge of power and electrical capabilities.
• Know the hotel’s standard props and decorations for functions
• Meeting and audio visual set-up specifications
• Additional equipment and/or services, if requested, vendor recommendations
• Understand Outlet hours and standards of operations in reference to group
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)