With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group,part ofthe Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) familyof companies, isthe world’slargest hotel companywith approximately 8,300hotels and over 631,800 rooms in 73 countries.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Executive Meeting Manager
is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Some of the duties include, but are not limited to:
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.