As an Events Meeting Manager, you will fill a pivotal role in effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. Responsible for providing catering/banquet services to groups with meeting room and catering needs, and overseeing the servicing of clients. Responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Operations or Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Plan, up sell and detail programs with clients including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements for events and meeting business.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and repeat business.
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and team participation.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 700 hotels and resorts with more than 85,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovation ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to success and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career. Our culture and programs prepare you to meet and exceed your personal goals. Every leader knows the key to success is continuous training to all team members, and to proactively encourage and provide them with opportunities for advancement.