Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Executive Meeting Manager
Are you a fast thinking individual that seeks challenges with enthusiasm and a strong sense of urgency and enjoys a competitive sales arena and the hospitality field? Do you enjoy building relationships and continued people interaction where your flexibility and ability to "think outside of the box" is recognized and appreciated? Are you persuasive by nature, but assertive and adept in securing new clients and ensuring you are able to "close the deal"?
If the answer is YES, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa has an opportunity for you!
Achieves or exceeds sales goals by providing complete account penetration for assigned territory by focusing on corporate business and execution of their booked events. Establishes new client relationships and maintains existing relationships to maximize revenue.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Responds to all incoming leads for business to secure opportunities and maximize sale of available space as is beneficial for the property. Takes orders for food, beverage, rooms, services, etc.
2. Analyzes requirements of business opportunities. Researches and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers. Responds to RFP's. Outlines available hotel space, menus, and facilities. Quotes prices. Meets with clients and hotel department managers to plan function details, space requirements, food service, and decor. Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking reports, and client data.
3. Develops long-term relationships with clients or potential clients by maintaining consistent verbal and written communications and providing good customer service.
4. Maintains detailed information about clients/prospective clients and enters data into property's computer systems.
5. Attends Business Review Meetings. Researches new companies. Creates and implements direct mailing campaigns. Attends training. Makes presentations.Conducts familiarization trips as needed. Participate in
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers when needed (including groups, travel managers, travel agents, and consumers). Uses network channels to open doors to new customers. Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring this business to the hotel. Researches information on market and trends and the clients supporting those markets locally.
2. Participates in industry related organizations. Attends trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business. Participates in Sales blitzes. Makes on-site and field presentations to prospective clients. Participates in pre-event meetings, training, and other sales-related meetings as required.
3. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
4. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority otherwise refer the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education, and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality desired
2. One or more years of related sales experience (i.e. Catering/Event Sales, Event Coordination, or as an Executive Meeting Manager) in a similar sized hotel/resort
or winery operation.
3. Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully selling and working in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
4. Ability to learn, follow and maintain effective sale processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
5. Completes all required training as scheduled.
6. Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales desired.
7. Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Proficiency with DELPHI preferred.
10. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working from property location.
11. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.