A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Acts as central contact for assigned event business of groups with less than 30 booked rooms. Creatively bringing together customer visions and budgets with property resources to exceed customer expectations and meet/exceed property goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Meets with customer to understand needs, offer suggestions, and determine all set-up needs, equipment and menu items. Anticipates all needs to provide a flawless execution of the event. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell services to optimize total revenue potential and guest experience. Hosts or participates in site inspections and client presentations to ensure property's offerings are showcased. Rebooks for future events.
- Creates and maintains each event's banquet event order (BEO) outlining all of the event's details, including instructions for the evening and the menu and wine choices. Maintains appropriate contact with customer contact to ensure accuracy and work out any details. Generates detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Disseminates all information to appropriate operational departments to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Attends and oversees execution of events to ensure client satisfaction. Works closely with banquet department on operations and event execution and quickly evaluates alternatives and decides on a plan of action as needed.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired.
- Two years of experience planning, organizing and/or executing events with Convention services, Catering, and/or Banquets. Ability to assist in preparing creative menu offerings from banquet menu guide. Experience with food and wine pairing desired.
- Ability to understand and participate in the monthly forecasting and annual budget process.
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate and close sales. Uses skills to up-sell services. Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide options to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Knowledge and experience with current Audio/Visual technology and equipment required to understand customer needs and present optimal solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors and staff. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, customers, team members and guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member occasionally grasps objects such as presentation materials. The team member occasionally reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with current or potential clients and staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the dining areas. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally when called upon to assist with banquet or conference set-ups and breakdowns. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to operate a computer. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the sales materials and contracts. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while performing duties while outside temperatures are high. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the banquet and dining areas. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.