About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Currently looking for a Executive Housekeeper to lead the housekeeping efforts of the ALL NEW Residence Inn Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Located less than a block from the Nationals baseball stadium, across the street from the Navy Yard-Ballpark metro station, this 170-room Residence Inn hotel is scheduled to open in February of 2017.
The purpose of an EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER is to manage the housekeeping department by overseeing the planning, organizing, and execution of department’s activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plans and organizes the cleaning of all guests' rooms and public areas.
* Provide daily cleaning assignments to room attendants.
* Manage staffing fluctuations and identify staffing needs.
* Monitors guest service scores via reports and guest comments for cleanliness, addresses any issues immediately and implements programs that meet or exceed brand benchmarks, in conjunction with General Manager.
* Ensures that all housekeeping associates have been thoroughly trained and are consistently following service standards and procedures.
* Inspect cleanliness of all hotel rooms and public areas.
* Provide current and prospective associates with information about company policies and job duties.
* Develops and executes incentives and programs that promote positive associate relations.
* Develops weekly staff work schedules within budgeted labor guidelines to ensure maximum productivity and revenue while maintaining service standards and quality.
* Conducts and maintains inventory of all linens, in-room amenities and cleaning supplies and place inventory orders when required.
* Works closely with maintenance department to ensure that maintenance and repairs involving guest rooms and public areas are completed timely.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
* Conducts and participates in required training.
* Completes departmental performance evaluation timely.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
* Assists staff in achieving their personal productivity expectations.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Develops alternative solutions.
* Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
* Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
* Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
* Department staff are regularly informed of goals and current service scores.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
* Monitors and controls labor costs.
* Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
* Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
* Delegates work assignments.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, analyze and make interpretations.