A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking an Executive Housekeeper to join the team!
Manages all Housekeeping and Laundry operations to ensure cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and meeting/conference/banquet facilities meet Company standards to provide outstanding guest service, and financial profitability. Builds and manages teams effectively.
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success. Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members in the assigned Housekeeping areas. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Works closely with Engineering to ensure proper maintenance of rooms and public space areas.
- Ensures team members have current knowledge of proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by providing training and ensuring proper labeling and handling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations. Monitors usage of supplies.
- Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and team member performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Notifies Management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired.
- Five or more years related Housekeeping/Hospitality experience and one year as Supervisor/Assistant Manager in similar setting.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions commonly used at comparable hotel or resort. Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate telephone/office equipment. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. Repetitive motions are made while entering data into computers. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and housekeeping staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the guest rooms and other hotel areas. Lifting is occasionally required. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as carts, furniture and linens. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to view telephone console, computer terminal, and documents. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat and humidity found in a laundry facility. The team member is subject to noise produced by vacuums, industrial washers, dryers and other cleaning equipment. There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to cleaning chemicals. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member may be exposed to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Ver
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.