A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 32 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan's most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar + Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city's most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
To maintain the cleanliness and order of the entire Hotel, to exceed expectations and operate in compliance with all MOHG standard and initiatives.
Scope of Position
The Executive Housekeeper's responsibilities include:
- To maintain the Forbes Five Star standards of cleanliness and upkeep in all guestrooms and public areas;
- To manage all aspects of the department, including also uniform/laundry/valet facility and floral;
- To recommend and implement procedural changes aimed at improving guest's satisfaction;
- To manage the Housekeeping team and promote MOHG "Growth from within"
- To act as main liaison with the Outsourcing Housekeeping Company according to the Italian Law
The Executive Housekeeper reports to the Hotel Manager and supervises directly a team of seven colleagues.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Coordinate the efficient operation of the Housekeeping and Laundry/Uniform departments on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all reports required by various offices in the hotel are submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all colleagues are in total compliance with all standards of operation and service standard requirements.
- Review all customer comments and feedback relating to the Housekeeping and Laundry/Uniforms departments, ensure that immediate action has been taken and formulate solutions to prevent dissatisfaction recurring.
- Ensure that all schedules are completed and meet the labor management guidelines.
- Oversee the ordering of all supplies to ensure that par levels are maintained and that purchasing is in line with budget.
- Hold regular daily, weekly and monthly communication briefings with colleagues at all levels.
- Carry out inspections of rooms, public areas and back of house areas on a daily basis to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that linen is properly stocked and ensure that quality of linen laundry service is reviewed daily.
- Ensure that uniforms for all colleagues are maintained and controlled and coordinated with vendors as required.
- Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Perform and oversee administrative duties such as scheduling, payroll, purchasing and inventory management reports.
- Participate in all regular and ad hoc operational meetings as required.
- Manage projects and any other reasonable duties as required by hotel management
- Oversee housekeeping and laundry candidate selection and staffing.
- Oversee staff performance of all housekeeping and laundry colleagues.
- Develop middle management through coaching within the department.
- Ensure that the appraisal and succession planning systems and deadlines are utilized and adhered to.
- Ensure that all colleague issues are handled expediently and tactfully.
- Complete ownership for the ongoing training requirements in the division.
- Oversee all vacation and leave requests to ensure that staffing guidelines are covered.
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are undertaken fairly and in accordance to hotel policies.
- Comply with and enforce hotel grooming standards with all colleagues.
- Maintain morale and camaraderie in the department in order to meet hotel and department goals for Colleague Engagement Survey expectations.
- Closely monitor all departmental expenses for both operating and guest supplies.
- Continually seek new ideas, products and approaches to increase efficiencies and lower expenses.
- Manager labor targets to achieve and exceed department goals.
- Understand scheduling processes to achieve maximum productivity.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget providing the Director of Finance and Hotel Manager with information required to complete the division budget.
- Contribution to the preparation of Rooms annual CapEx plan and management of Rooms related CapEx projects and expenditure.
- Ensure operations meet all internal and external audit requirements.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure that all deficiencies in guest room technology are reported and remedied immediately.
- Work closely with Director of Engineering to oversee maintenance of all rooms and public areas as required.
- Conduct regular maintenance walkthroughs of the property with Engineering Management to identify any areas that require remedial action and to co-ordinate the timely completion of such.
- Manage the room preventative maintenance program in conjunction with the Director of Engineering to ensure that the MOHG standards for PM are maintained throughout the year and to ensure that the quality of the room product is maintained at the highest level.
- Work with the Engineering Management team to ensure that any out of order rooms are returned to inventory expediently.
- Minimum of 2 years senior leadership position within a Housekeeping department in a luxury hotel environment.
- Adheres to, supports and carries out the strategic Company's vision, mission and values.
- Good at figuring out processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Superior Colleague Relations skills; coaching and performance management.
- Displays high commitment to improving guest service.
- Committed to developing colleagues and creates a climate in which colleagues want to do their best.
- Effectively motivates and builds team morale; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue and creates a feeling of belonging among the team.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Ability to anticipate and assess issues, risks and opportunities and develop new approaches.
- Accepts responsibility and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ex(ref. 48220)