Hampton Inn & Suites Christiana
Location: US - DE - Newark
Newark, DE, US 19713
Seeking a detail oriented leader to guide a dynamic team of Housekeeping professionals.
Provides supervision and direction for all housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Oversee all laundry operations. Complete monthly linen inventory to assure proper par levels.
• Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
• Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
• Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
• Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
• Use the room inspection program to ensure superior guestroom cleanliness scores, while providing incentives for the staff.
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
• Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
• Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals. Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property. Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation. Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors and contractors. Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services and activities. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group . Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.