The beautiful Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore has an opening for a Director of Housekeeping for our 222 room upscale hotel.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction for all hotel housekeeping activities and ensure that the hotel guest rooms and public spaces are in accordance with guest expectations and hotel's standards. In this role, you will be expected to do the following:
- Lead and manage the housekeeping and laundry staff: hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing, with employees, guests and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Manage the finances of Housekeeping and Laundry operations including budgeting, inventory controls, data and reports.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance to quality assurance standards set by corporate and brand.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc.; Make recommendations and assist in the coordinating of rehab projects.
- Ensure proper usage and labeling of chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Enforce corporate and brand policies
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Ability to be hands-on with the daily cleaning of the hotel.
- Previous supervisory responsibility.
- At least 3 years of experience in supervisory/management housekeeping position.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel.
- Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Ability to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Previous IHG experience a plus