JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Executive Housekeeper is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees Public Space for efficiency and cleanliness; conducts inspections of public space and does follow-up as needed; insures public space meets and exceeds customer expectations for the appearance of the hotel.
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
- Conducts effective associate meetings; Handles disciplinary action and counseling sessions as necessary.
- Determines, communicates and monitors achievement standards and standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Conducts department training on a regular basis in conjunction with JHM Hotels’ standards and Brand standards including cleaning techniques and safe use of cleaning products.
- Works with associates when necessary to provide outstanding customer service to guests.
- Responsible to insure that JHM Hotels’ standards and Brand standards are met in all of Public Areas and Guest Rooms.
- Insures that guest rooms are within the standards of JHM and brand standards
- Inspects all guest rooms each quarter; writes maintenance orders as needed.
- Checks “In” house or “Stay-over Rooms” as necessary.
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies.
- Uses 100-point inspection to ensure quality of rooms by inspecting rooms following cleaning by housekeepers.
- Coordinates housekeeping work with other departments; Front Office, Engineering, Banquets, etc.
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards.
- Prepares payroll and schedules as required. Monitors actual vs. budget on payroll cycles. Approves overtime as necessary for hourly associates.
- Works scheduled Manager On Duty shifts on an assigned basis.
- Maintains proper linen pars, chemicals, and amenity inventories. Conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchases of products, remaining within budget.
- Confers closely with the General Manager and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs performance appraisals on all direct reports as required.
2-3 years of hotel management/supervisory experience in Housekeeping or Rooms Division or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to a background and substance abuse screening prior to any offers of employment.
NOTE: To apply, visit http://www.jhmhotels.com/towneplace-suites-north-charleston-executive-housekeeper/