Best Western Milwaukee West
Location: US - WI - Milwaukee
The Executive Housekeeper is a very important member of our leadership team and helps us deliver on our goal of providing our guests with an exceptional experience during their time with us. In addition to the responsibility of the housekeeping and laundry operations our Executive Housekeeper also oversees our breakfast program which is currently rated in the top 10% of our region! Interested individuals can submit their resume via this posting, email, or in person at the front desk of the property.
Job Summary: Manages the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure orderly and attractive conditions in the hotel. Promotes an atmosphere of cleanliness and superior customer care for hotel guests.
* Hires, trains and evaluates department personnel.
* Directs all activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments in furnishing daily service to guest rooms and public areas. Schedules duties, such as heavy cleaning, mattress rotations, etc.
* Prepares work schedules for staff based on projected occupancy.
* Inspects premises, guest rooms, linen rooms, and public areas to assure employees maintain the property's superior standards of housekeeping.
* Maintains an inventory of guest and housekeeping supplies and linen, ordering replacement of supplies and equipment as needed.
* Maintains an inventory of breakfast food and supplies and linen, ordering replacement of supplies and equipment as needed.
* Creates a service environment focused on the guest, with a passion for high standards in cleanliness. Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions.
* Coordinates staff training, including MSDS, OSHA, and safety policies.
* Maintains lost and found.
* Performs room attendant duties, when required.
* Performs laundry attendant duties, when required.
* Performs public area attendant duties, when required.
* Performs breakfast attendant duties, when required.
* Participates in the Manager on Duty program.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience desired.
* Basic accounting, purchasing and inventory skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
* Drive and desire for constant improvement and forward momentum.
* Ability to think outside the box for solutions and processes.