BASIC FUNCTION: The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department, as well as supervising the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms, front/heart of house, public areas, and laundry.
- To hire, train and schedule inspectors, room attendants, housemen, laundry and lobby attendants that will service our sleeping rooms and common areas of the hotel.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to all uniform standards and maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- To ensure that all guest rooms and common areas are serviced and cleaned daily.
- To ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned in a manner meeting trained standards.
- To ensure that guest rooms are cleaned in a timely manner and accurate labor book-keeping is delivered to accounting daily.
- To ensure that all departments are scheduled properly and do not surpass budgeted labor expenses.
- To ensure that each cleaned guest room is checked by an Inspector before they are released into selling inventory.
- To ensure each team member completes a training agenda and you file a training log with the hotels Executive Assistant.
- To ensure that each applicant passes a legal background check and meets the GM before being offered a position.
- To ensure that each team member is subject to a 30-day review after hire date and that this report is also filed with the Executive Assistant
- To ensure that all team members are held accountable for attendance and punctuality.
- To ensure that salary variations, holiday pay and vacation requests follow standard procedures outlined in the team member manual.
- To ensure that we adhere to monthly labor and expense budgets, and if we need to surpass budgeted numbers permission is received from the GM or AGM.
- To ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials and equipment are available.
- To ensure that staff common areas are kept clean and in a good state of repair.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of fire drill and safety rules.
- To ensure effective communications through attending meetings and imparting information at regularly held staff meetings with Inspectors and team members.
- To prepare and submit, on the required format, all information necessary for budgeting purposes.
- To perform monthly linen inventories to control costs and prevent theft.
- To perform monthly inventories on supplies to control cost and prevent theft.
- To ensure yearly salary reviews for team members are done in a timely manner.
- To train each employee the importance of key card and guest room security.
- To ensure we manage team members in the same manner during disciplinary actions.
- To ensure that all Housekeeping Team Members acknowledge guests with a smile and greeting.
- To ensure that all room attendants follow safety rules of cleaning guest rooms with the door closed and sign posted on door knob.
- To ensure that all room attendants are aware of TV, room and cell phone policies of conduct.
- To ensure that all team members attend Orientation within one month of hire date.
- To monitor HeartBeat scores, share them with staff, reward positive behaviors and coach challenge areas.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
At least 3 years of progressive supervisory experience in a hotel or a related field
Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing
identifying and solving problems as necessary
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests
Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer