A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The intent of the incumbent is to maintain the cleanliness and order of the entire hotel to exceed expectation and operate in compliance with all MOHG standard and initiatives.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Establishes standards and procedures to maintain hotel and public areas at luxury level and incorporates changes in the manuals.
- Plans work assignments and scheduling
- Expends funds for payroll and operating items within the established budget.
- Prepares departmental annual budget.
- Evaluates premises' current physical condition.
- Recommends needed repairs and refurbishing.
- Develops annual maintenance plan with Chief Engineer
- Controls laundry performance and uniforms.
- Purchases operational supplies as linens, amenities, cleaning supplies.
- Ensures staff receives all required training.
- Selects, counsels, disciplines and terminates staff.
- Signs purchase orders and bills.
- Selects, motivates, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels and terminates staff.
- Plans daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly assignments and projects for all Housekeeping colleagues.
- Oversees and plans administrative duties such as, but not limited to, departmental scheduling, payroll, purchase requests and monthly consumption reports.
- Implements control on department labour costs and minimize costs while ensuring that adequate staffing is available to provide five star services.
- Schedule walk-through and follow up with all outside contractors.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly inspection of all public areas, guestrooms, exterior of building and back of house areas, to ensure that the highest standards are met.
- Responsible for the hotel's lost & found handling and storage according to company policies.
- Conducts daily communication meetings with Housekeeping team.
- Attends Rooms Division meetings were applicable to ensure high level of information flow within the division.