Executive Director - New Senior Living Community
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Parkland
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Allegro is coming to Parkland! The independent living, assisted living and memory care community is anticipated to open in 2019. The Parkland property will have a similar luxury design known of Allegro communities throughout Florida.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director (ED) is the overall success of Community. This includes all phases of operation, general administration, resident care, resident and associate satisfaction, sales & marketing efforts, protection of physical assets, capital improvement, and achievement of all financial goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).Â Supervision of the Community must be in strict accordance with Company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the Company's and owner's goals. Â Ongoing communication between the ED and all other associates is critical to the welfare of the Community, keeping in mind that maintaining excellent service quality, high occupancy and high resident and associate satisfaction is always the goal.
Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as the most senior role in the entire Community, with responsibility for all sales, capital and operations.
- Responsible for quality, care, resident satisfaction, associate satisfaction, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies and procedures, adhere to Company parameters, KPIs and financial responsibility, property goals and protection of assets across the entire campus.
- Manage, educate, and develop all associates under direct and indirect supervision.
- Focus on financial objectives through budgeting, analytical tracking of trends, rate optimization and intervention with teams that need support to achieve desired results.
- Fully responsible for the results of occupancy development and adherence to sales & marketing parameters.
- Be proactive in promoting a safe environment for all the residents, visitors and associates of the Community regarding infection control, life safety and emergency procedures.
- Develop positive relationships with state and local regulators, the community, families and residents on behalf of the Community and the Company.
- Attain 100% compliance in all surveys conducted by State licensing authority.
- Prepare an annual operating & capital budget. Through continuous education, ensure all operating departments meet established goals and KPIs.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting systems, including receivables and reporting procedures.
- Ensure Community complies with all State/Federal/City/County requirements and regulations.
- Direct the recruiting, hiring, and training of all Community personnel as well as motivating, supervising and evaluating personnel. Â Establish both individual and team reward programs, and continue to monitor associate satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and professionalism, which includes wearing the proper attire and name tag, while ensuring associates and Community meet this same standard.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Must know and follow all guidelines in the Vehicles
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the President/Director of Operations.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in resident's behavior, and report following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the President/Director of Operations as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding resident's rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community and Company information deemed as such, and ensure associates have complete understanding of all HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent. Four-year college degree preferred.
- Assisted Living certification as required by state law if Community has assisted living.
- Nursing Home Administrator license as required by state law
- Licensed nurse is a plus if Community has assisted living.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in assisted living, memory care, and/or skilled nursing management if a Community with assisted living/memory care. Â For an independent living Community, minimum three (3) years experience in retirement community management. Must have proven supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in sales and marketing highly desired.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess financial skills and knowledge of financial and budget reports.
- Understanding of senior adult demographics, trends and provider networks is vital.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to include attention to detail, time management, prioritizing, initiative, delegation, follow through, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated decision making, problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Superior verbal and written skills are essential.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
- The Community is a drug free workplace; associates are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must have means of transportation.
- Must be considered to be insurable by the Community's automobile insurance carrier.
- Must not have the following:
- Drivers license denied or revoked within the last three (3) years.
- Two (2) or more suspensions (with reinstatement), within three (3) years or currently suspended license without reinstatement. Suspensions for certain offenses will not be considered for the purposes of this requirement, i.e.: unpaid tickets, failure to appear, underage use of tobacco, and failure to pay child support.
- Any major DMV conviction in the last five (5) years. Major convictions include, but are not limited to: DUI, DWI, speeding in excess of 25 mph, reckless driving, careless driving, vehicular homicid e, manslaughter, or any conviction punishable by incarceration.
- Two (2) or more at fault accidents within the last three (3) years.
- Three (3) or more moving violations within the last five (5) years.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age but not more than seventy (70) years of age. If over 70 years of age, the driver must provide documentation from their primary care physician that they are capable of operating the assigned vehicle. This documentation must be renewed every year.
Allegro Senior Li