At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires hands-on working position with in-depth knowledge and skill in all aspects of food product selection, handling and preparation as well as advanced cooking techniques to include sous-vide cooking and/or controlled vapor technology. Farm-to-table experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of an Associate’s degree or certification equivalent and a minimum of eight years job-related experience, to include a minimum of three years as executive chef of a multi-outlet/banquet facility of high caliber and volume.
- Our concept requires the use of wood-burning equipment and previous experience operating and cooking in a wood-burning oven and grill is preferred.
- The successful candidate has demonstrated ability to schedule, direct, supervise and in all aspects manage a staff of at least 20 kitchen and stewarding employees. Proven track record of progressive career advancement to include P&L accountability, specifically in terms of labor cost and food cost.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal menus for restaurant, banquets, special events, and functions using available products in innovative preparation.
- Experience in modern cooking techniques such as sous vide is important.
- Oversees human resource functions for department staff, including staffing and training.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and state health codes.
- Maintains food cost within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensures that the quality and quantity guidelines for all foods are met on a continuous basis. Ensures that food requisitioning procedures are strictly followed.
- Monitors food specifications through the Purchasing Agent.
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly payroll reports.
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and plate presentations.
- Supervises activities in the kitchen including all food preparation and ware washing.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual Food and Beverage budget.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of Be the Difference culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Benchmark a Global Hospitality Company.
Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.