Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront
Location: US - CA - Burlingame
The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is currently looking for an experienced Executive Chef to join their team!
The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall operation of the kitchen and cafeteria which provides meals to guests in the 400 guest rooms and 12 meeting rooms as well as all employees at this fast paced hotel. Also responsible for writing menus, hiring and training employees, ordering all supplies, meeting a monthly budget for food cost and labor cost, meeting brand standards on food safety and quality and providing high quality guest and employee meals. The Executive Chef reports to the Director of Food & Beverage. The Executive Chef will be required to work days and/or nights, both weekdays, weekends, and holidays as business necessitates.
- Responsible for the supervision of all employees in the kitchen operations area including Sous Chef, Lead Line Cooks, Line Cooks, Stewarding staff, Food Runners and Storeroom/Receiving Clerk.
- Ensure that all kitchen employees abide by all brand and hotel policies and standards:
- Check that all scheduled staff members have reported for duty and are on time for work.
- Check that good personal hygiene is practiced by all staff members daily.
- Ensure that all employees receive their paid and unpaid breaks.
- Responsible for counseling all kitchen employees on all infraction of policies, documenting all counseling and turning them into Human Resources.
- Responsible for writing 90 day and annual reviews of all kitchen employees. All reviews must be approved by the Director of F&B before given to the employee.
- Supervises food production, quality, quantity, cost and daily menu.
- Check all food needs and proper usage in accordance to recipes.
- Check all banquet guarantees for accuracy and for proper food production according to needs. Avoid overproduction.
- Make sure all special food needs for banquet functions are met.
- Responsible for writing the Restaurant and Banquet menus in coordination with the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Review restaurant menus quarterly with Director of F&B and Outlets Manager.
- Participate in any Promotions
- Write use records for all restaurant and banquet menu items to include a complete recipe book with photos of proper presentation.
- Supervises food production methods and standards to maintain consistent high quality of food.
- Inspect all freezers and refrigerators for cleanliness, organization, and correct temperature storage of food products.
- Inspect all food products for proper rotation and usage of food to avoid food waste.
- Responsible for production and presentation of all restaurant menus, room service, banquet items and employee cafeteria.
- Responsible for creating or approving all specials served in the restaurant each day.
- Keep a journal of specials and soups so no item is used twice in a two week period.
- Sets up weekly work schedules and production schedules. Schedules should be posted on Wednesday for the following week.
- Communicates daily with Director of Food & Beverage regarding food production, employee relations, problems, potential problems, and review future special events requiring food.
- Responsible for reading weekly BEO’s and ensuring that all needed operating supplies are in house on time. Also responsible for ensuring that all menu items for the Restaurant and Lounge are in house at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that cooks are preparing proper amounts of all items needed by setting written par levels for all areas.
- Ensure that a thorough china, glass & silver inventory no later than the 5th day of each month.
- Thoroughly train kitchen team members in all areas of their position prior to scheduling that person for a shift.
- Use employee training documentation to record all areas of training completed and turn into Human Resources to be included in the employee file.
- Responsible for continued training of all cooks and encouraging cooks to improve in preparation and presentation.
- Responsible for conducting standup meetings every day. Go over daily activities each day with staff.
- Responsible for keeping a high level of employee morale in the kitchen by encouraging employees to work as a team, encouraging growth and learning by implementing a training program and by maintaining a fair and consistent temperament and attitude toward all employees at all times.
- Responsible for reviewing payroll and controlling labor cost.
- Ensure the kitchen complies with all safety standards and all employees are trained in safety standards.
- Must have current certification by the state of California in managerial food handling safety standards.
- Ensure that the Employee cafeteria meals are fresh, of high quality each day. Meals are to be complete meals, utilizing all items on the employee meal menu list.
- Ensure that the night employee meal is the same quality as the day meal.
- Ensure that employee meal temperatures are being recorded.
- To assist in all areas of the kitchen and cafeteria if necessary.
- Responsible for attending various meetings including mandatory management staff trainings.
- Report any broken equipment and file work orders immediately.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guests.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, supervisors or staff members in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and staff.
- Ability to adhere to communicated work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and impeccable uniform.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following: all menu items, prices, preparation time/method, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, and method of presentation.
- Correct maintenance and use of kitchen equipment.
- All service standards required by brand including safety and emergency procedures.
- Ability to maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen.
- Ability to delegate tasks to others.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have at least 10 years cooking experience preferably in a hotel
- Must have at least 3-5 years supervisory experience in a kitchen
- High school graduate, college degree a plus
- Culinary school graduate a plus
- Must be able to manage a diverse staff
- Must be an excellent delegator and leader, with the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses and develop the weaknesses while utlizing the strengths
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must have a vehicle and valid insurance
- Must have prior experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
High School or better.
Bachelors or better.
Technical/other training or better.Experience
10 years: Cooking experience
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler