Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
Hyatt Regency Lexington is a landmark, 366-room, full-service hotel in the heart of downtown Lexington, KY. We are the focal point of Triangle Park and Lexington Convention Center. Our Banquet Department services 157,000 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate over 9,000 guests for full service meals within the hotel and the adjacent Lexington Convention Center and Rupp Arena.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for menu planning, provisioning, food preparation, and sanitation in a high volume Banquet Operation and Restaurant. This position directs the training of culinary staff and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service. The position demands creativity on a daily basis, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards. The Executive Chef works well under pressure, is organized, flexible, self-motivated and is willing to work long hours.
- Training food prep employees
- Ability to instill safety and sanitation habits in all employees
- Teach employees the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques
- Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
- Minimum 5-6 years experience
- Minimum of 2 years in high volume Banquet & Restaurant Operations is preferred
**Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality
- Experience in production techniques of large banquets
- Experience developing innovative banquet menus
- Inventory control skills
- Ability to prepare a variety of cuisines, using skill and creativity
- Supervise daily food preparation for assigned areas
- Experience in budgeting, food cost, labor costs, and scheduling
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion
- Instill a Guest Service attitude in all employees
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of computers
- Excellent budgetary, projections, and cost control skills
- Ability to produce consistent profits
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
Technical School or Formal Technical Skills Training