Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized. The execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary controls. To advise the Food and Beverage Director on all matters relating to the kitchen area. In conjunction with the Executive Steward, ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.Responsibilities
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained!!!
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors food production/offering.
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime!!!
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with personnel and the food and beverage director.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out!
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general correspondence/filing and records.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within the hotel.
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- To conduct/attend all required department meetings.
Tools and Equipment:
- Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives
- Oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances,
- Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperature
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
- To assist the Food and Beverage Director in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc.. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Agree with other Food and Beverage Department managers on the market potential for food outlets relating to the market competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, plan and implement menu design, creating suitable dishes and passing standards recipes to the food & beverage controller for costing.
- To work with the Food and Beverage Director with capital expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- To create recipes and production methods
- To compile new banquet menus when required.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.