The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
Wyndham Hotel Group is excited to add the Summit, a Dolce hotel, to our portfolio of amazing properties. The Summit hotel offers 239 contemporary and comfortable guest rooms focused on relaxation. With over 34,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including 10,700 square feet of terrace and gardens, the blank canvas at the Summit provides infinite possibilities to plan your next celebration or exceptional meeting. Opening in early 2018.
Currently, we are searching for an Executive Chef to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing the culinary operation of this property while motivating a culinary team to deliver outstanding guest experiences. Our signature Nourishment Hubs, Thoughtful Food for Thoughtful Minds and interactive events set the standard for the meeting experience. Our independent thinking in developing globally minded dining experiences for the well-traveled professionals goes way beyond simply providing a general amenity - it's a well-defined concept with a personality.
will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and supervise culinary staff including
staffing, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Lead highly interactive sessions including team builds,
competitions, and chef's dinners.
- Present ideas to potential clients.
- Active in the community hosting food & wine events,
creating custom designed events - very high touch.
- Use market research/trends to develop new products and
- Make changes that respond to the market place and to
- Work in support of team goals and measures
effectiveness through the food and beverage profit and service performance
of the resort.
- Responsible for the financial management of the
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment in compliance
with all local and state health codes while also monitoring sanitation
practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards.
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared and presented in
accordance with standard recipes and plate presentations.
- Supervise activities in the kitchen including all food
preparation and ware washing.
- Develop and manage annual food & beverage budget.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and
company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include,
but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and
assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and
delivering recognition and reward.
- Certificate or a degree through a
recognized educational institute of culinary art.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as
Executive Chef at a similar world class quality property with a minimum of
5 years of cooking experience.
- Excellent culinary knowledge of trends
and skills, local market and culinary leaders with exceptional creativity.
- Outstanding management, organization,
communication and leadership skills.
- Extensive menu development and budget
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff
in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Strong knowledge of P&L, food and
labor costs and menu costing.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability
to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to set a high standard in
the kitchen through leading by example.
- Preferred experience in both hotel and
independent restaurant experience.
- Must have experience in running a
- Required creativity and culinary flair
of contemporary a la cart cooking.
- High-end catering experience preferred.
- Approaches all encounters with guests
and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented
- Fosters relationships and a positive
climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational
goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility in approach and vision.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and
organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department
- Ability to develop and maintain
effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum
operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating
- Moderate comprehension and literacy
required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift,
weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the
- Should possess computer skills,
including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook