The Executive Chef at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa manages the culinary team in producing inspiring menu tailored to meet the needs of the Moose Jaw clientele. Outlets include Harwood’s – the main dining room and lounge, spa cafe, banquet department. Key performance goals will be guest feedback on food quality and timeliness, associate satisfaction and budgetary performance. Safe food handling and safety practices will be important. The Executive Chef will lead the culinary team, demonstrating a work ethic and contributing to a productive working environment.
- Maintains standards in food production and participates with culinary team on all phases of food preparation
- Ensures culinary team are following standard recipe cards, food safety guidelines and property specific standard operating procedures
- Controls key costs including labor and food cost
- Oversees inventory and ordering, meeting budget targets and conducting food cost analysis
- Assists in production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relations issues
- Makes informed recommendations for updating of legacy kitchen equipment, respecting budget timelines
- Contributes to menu development; balancing creative vs popular dishes and workhorses vs stars
- Checks food output to ensure prompt delivery, presentation, portion sizes, taste and temperature
Performs regular kitchen inventory
- Ensures positive client relationships and satisfaction.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of progressive F&B management experience in a resort or hotel
J/M Red Seal, Degree in F&B or equivalent an asset
- Strong supervisory skills
- Knowledge of fine dining standards
- Knowledge of MS Office
- The ability to work well under pressure and be detail oriented.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure and objectivity
- Possess a passion for food quality and an eye for detail
- Flexibility in work hours
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com