Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh - Cranberry
Location: US - PA - Cranberry
Cranberry, PA, US 16066
WHO ARE WE:
DoubleTree by Hilton Cranberry, managed by Prospera Hospitality, was established in January of 2015. As a proud member of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio we share the vision of “filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.” The DoubleTree by Hilton Cranberry, is a full service hotel that creates a unique and exceptional experience for all hotel guests, and Cranberry community by living the DoubleTree CARE values. Our CARE culture brings awareness to brand loyalty and inspires our team members to deliver the special comforts and acts of kindness that bring humanity back to the hospitality experience. Submit your application today to be considered to work for one of the nation's TOP 1% of all DoubleTree Hilton Hotels.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Provides Ember and Vine support ensuring consistent quality, and that exceptional customer service is delivered at all times. The executive chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibilities of this role, Executive Chef, are to:
- Coordinate and direct all food preparation, from prep through service
- Monitor the quality of all food and beverages
- Track, record, and maintain inventory stock including foods, beverages, and kitchen supplies
- Provide monthly financials to support sound business decisions contributed to profitability
- Ensure to meet or exceed the hotels annual profit margins, in addition to utilizing forecast and staffing guidelines to maintain budgeted labor costs
- Delegate daily tasks to sous chef and other kitchen staff; manage their progress throughout the day
- Oversee entire kitchen staff activity and ensure efficient work
- Order and arrange pickup or delivery of foods for the week
- Oversee repairs of kitchen appliances
- Direct and design and plating/presentation techniques for all dishes
- Create new recipes and design overall menu, including specials each week
- Help determine pricing for menu items
- Hire and train new kitchen staff
- Work efficiently to resolve any problems that arise in the kitchen
- Act as the executive leader of the kitchen: Commanding respect and creating a inspiring environment for all employees
- Act as a experienced and trusted advisor to all employees and provide knowledge transfer
- Research and implement new culinary trends
- Maintain a clean kitchen and abide by all state food safety and sanitation laws
- Lead all safety initiatives pertaining to Ember and Vine kitchen, and demonstrate safe practices and procedures to maintain safety of guests and employees
- Throughout the year hold employees accountable to their role and responsibility, and ensuring to provide them with feedback, development conversations, and annual performance reviews
- Attends company orientation and other meetings as required.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Is expected to perform any related duty as requested by supervisor.
- Assists other Team Members when needed.
- Follows safety, security and emergency procedures and rules.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports accidents, injuries, hazards, near misses, defective equipment, property damage or loss to supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
Your success will be determined by your demonstration of our company CARE principles. More specifically related to this position, DoubleTree by Hilton - Cranberry seeks an applicant who possesses the following:
- 2-year Culinary Arts degree and/or other culinary certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ year’s experience in a head chef or managerial kitchen position
- American Culinary Federation certification preferred
- ServSafe certification
- Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends
- Knowledgeable and dexterous using all manner of complex kitchen equipment
- Effective and clear communicator
- Expert skills and experience planning, designing, and preparing meals
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite to monitor and track inventory and maintain recipe records
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven leadership and creative abilities inside the kitchen
- Expert problem solver who thrives under pressure
- Top of the line customer services skills
*consideration of equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing knowledge, skill, and ability.*
Full time DoubleTree by Hilton employees have the ability to elect health and welfare benefit coverage upon completion the introductory period of employment.
DoubleTree by Hilton Cranberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.