Thompson Hotels Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA M5V 2V4
Two Roads Hospitality is seeking a passionate Executive Chef who is smart, creative and team-focused. We need a brave risk-taker, who is an innovative driver of great service and venues to join our high-performing organization at Thompson Toronto.
Two Roads is an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotels and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
Take a look at what we’ve created so far:
- Joie de Vivre---our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local
- Thompson Hotels---urban and sophisticated properties that appeal to the modern nomad
- Tommie---a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities internationally
- Alila ---characterized by innovative design, and a strong commitment to responsible tourism
- Destination Hotels ---delivers local authenticity of experience versus a sea of sameness
Thompson Toronto is an entertainment complex and the hub of Eclectic King West Village. Operating the popular Thompson Diner, Room Service, Rooftop Lounge, Lobby Bar, Screening Room, Banquet and Catering, Thompson Toronto is also home to Colette Grand Café, Hibachi Teppanyaki & Bar and Wildflower, one of the city’s top night spots.
Thompson Toronto needs a passionate Executive Chef who is team focused, can help set direction, drive revenue and promote/program accordingly. This leader will report directly to the Director of Food and Beverage. The Executive Chef will have the following direct reports: Banquet Sous Chef and Jr Sous Chef and will:
- Lead and manage the culinary team of Sous Chefs, Cooks, and Stewards.
- Create and planning of new Banquet and Diner menus using the latest innovative industry trends.
- Work with GM of Diner, GM of Bars, and Director of Catering to customize daily culinary menus.
- Ensure high quality and consistency of food both in the Banquet and Diner operations.
- Create and cultivate positive relationships with all team members including agency workers that assist with stewarding.
- Ensure that food and labour costs are aligned with department budgets.
- Ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Consult with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for kitchen team members.
- Frequently and effectively address any health and safety and safe food concerns and standards.
- Effective communication in the department to ensure that team members are well informed.
- Culinary Red Seal.
- Certified Food Handler.
- Food Safety/Sanitation Certificate.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the skill/knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.