At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as Executive Chef exhibiting increased responsibilities in a first class Restaurant or Hotel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, be at ease with guest interactions and corporate executives
- Significant experience with market-style, interactive outlets, high quality, high volume environments with variable demand Ability to direct and motivate the culinary team
- Excellent understanding of Purchasing fundamentals
- Knowledgeable of nutritional and wellness facts and the ability to work with a Nutritionist
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point or similar software and Payroll related processes.
- Ability to run multiple outlets simultaneously.
- Ability to run multiple P&L with different end goals from multiple sites.
- Ensure that all expectations are being satisfied at separate locations with separate food and beverage models.
- Supervise and assist in preparation and presentation of foods by chefs, cooks and pantry personnel, overseeing that all the food items are prepared according to specs.
- Staffing for all kitchen areas, preparation areas, employee cafeteria, and for supervising all employees throughout these areas and meeting budgeted labor.
- Maintain an adequate supply of all food items such as meat, groceries, perishables, etc. used at the hotel.
- Make purchases using specifications and make appropriate changes when specification changes are warranted.
- Inspect all storage areas to insure that the best sanitation possible is maintained and that all equipment is functioning properly.
- Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner, which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality.
- Provide variety in menu preparation; within budgetary limitations.
- Select recipes which offer a product that is tasteful and contains ingredients and portion sizes that will ensure that cost standards are being met.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate training programs for kitchen personnel.
- Inspect the portion sizes and taste qualities of all items to ensure they are being properly prepared. Inventory excess production for use on menu or conversion into extenders.
- Ensure the best and fastest performance of the kitchen, so as not to impede service in food outlets.
- Ensure that the kitchen is prepared to start service on a timely basis.
- Ensure that orders received from servers are clearly understood so that "returns" due to faulty preparation are minimized. Ensure that plates issued to servers are garnished properly and have good eye appeal. Ensure that plates and utensils used are clean.
- Responsible for the sanitation of all food preparation and storage areas and equipment.
- Inspect all equipment for proper maintenance and report deficiencies to Engineering.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of equipment is available.
- Ensure that the food served in the employees' cafeteria is palatable, in abundant supply and varied; and thatthe facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that requests and specifications in the function sheets are provided on a timely basis.
- Hors d'oeuvres are served in an attractive manner and garnished and decorated properly.
- Ensure that excess productions is recovered from the Banquet Room and properly stored.
- Ensure that upon banquet completion, serving area and all related equipment is cleaned and maintained.
- Constantly coordinate with room supervisors so that production is scheduled as reservations dictate.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Immediate Supervisor. Make cost improvement recommendations.
- Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments. Responsible for care of equipment.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.