Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Culinary - All
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel- stylish and sophisticated, warm and inviting - offers a distinct blend of classic West Coast luxury, up-to-the moment technologies and resort-style amenities. Conveniently located, Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel is outfitted for recreation and perfectly captures the city's unique vitality and refined sense of urban living.
The Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Airport Hotel, conveniently located blocks from the airport and offering a complimentary shuttle to LAX, offers a newly-refreshed experience for your next visit to Los Angeles. Whether traveling for business or leisure, our Los Angeles airport hotel features all the amenities one would expect from Sheraton. Whatever you need, you'll find it at our LAX hotel.
We are seeking for an Executive Chef that possesses a strong culinary background in casual and fine dining food and beverage environments. This individual must have a strong, successful leadership track record and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
The Executive Chef is directly responsible for all kitchen operations including food and pastry production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchasing, plate presentation and recipes. Supervises all staff and is responsible for their training in food production, sanitation and development. Responsible for establishing effective cost controls, including monthly inventories, purchase logs as well as maintaining the highest food quality and sanitation standards.
- Oversee and supervise culinary staff including staffing, training, coaching, and performance management Creating custom designed events
- Use market research/trends to develop new products and menu design
- Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests needs
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the food and beverage profit and service performance of the hotel
- Responsible for the financial management of the culinary operation
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and state health codes
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and plate presentations
- Supervise activities in the kitchen including all food preparation and ware washing- Assist in the preparation of the annual food & beverage budget
- Certificate or a degree through a recognized educational institute of culinary art
- Minimum 5 years experience as Executive Chef
- Must have previous supervisory experience with line staff and experience with Union personnel
- Knowledge of local health rules, regulations, and food handling
- Impeccable culinary skills
- Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience
- Strong knowledge of P&L, food and labor costs and menu costing
- Demonstrated leadership
- Opening experience strong preferred
- Experience in both hotel and independent restaurant experience
- Experience in running a banquet operation
- Required creativity and culinary flair of contemporary al a cart cooking
- Strong organizational skills required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize needs in a fast-paced environment
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
We Participate in E-Verify
Please apply at: http://www.besthotelcareers.com/
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: