Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Culinary - All
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
This property is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, AL, ideally situated in the city's vibrant Southside neighborhood. It's a great place to work! Only seven miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) and adjacent to the University of Alabama (UAB) campus, this property is only two blocks from the Five Points South Historic District, and within walking distance of seven hospitals including UAB Hospital, Kirklin Clinic and Children’s Health Systems. Our clients enjoy retreating to our spacious guest rooms which feature signature bedding, high-speed internet access and a large desk with an ergonomic chair—first-class service and a first-class staff. Our lobby lounge and 808 South-A bistro deliver quality food in a casual environment and make our hotel a pleasant and comfortable environment for guests and employees alike. We have 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space plus a dedicated event and catering staff, and we're an attractive venue for business meetings, conferencse and special events that can handle up to 900 guests. Working here, you'll have access to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and can attend UAB graduation and sporting events. You'll also be able to explore Birmingham’s history as an industrial city at the Vulcan Park & Museum and Sloss Furnaces, and learn about events in U.S. history that affected our city at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. When you're not working at the hotel, you may want to spend a day at the Birmingham Zoo & Botanical Gardens or the McWane Science Center, or attend races at Barber Motorsports Park. We're always looking for dedicated, service-oriented employees who want to build their career in the hospitality industry. Come join us!
Are you looking to join a progressive management company? How about an organization that offers unlimited career growth potential? If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager with a strong dotted line to the Vice President of Food and Beverage, he primary objective of the Executive Chef is to create and maintain a food identity equal to the demands of highly distinguished guests. This position is a working and supervisory management position. This position empowers the Executive Chef to make on the spot management decisions as they relate to the appearance and quality of all food products, the security of our perishable and equipment assets, and the productivity and quality of work performed by all kitchen employees. You will be expected to both lead and participate in decisions and discussions that have operational and financial implications.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all kitchen functions
- Monitor quality and presentation of all food products
- Manage new menu development in conjunction with Vice President of Food and Beverage
- Manage food production to meet the needs of the catering, dining venues, room service, and lobby bar
- Organize and lead daily pre-meal food tastings and discussions
- Responsible for procurement of products required to maintain continuity of the required level of quality and compliance with Corporate purchasing guidelines
- Schedule, manage and develop all kitchen employees
- Manage budgeting, forecasting of all kitchen and labor expenses
- Assist in the deployment and the management of all company policy changes
- 3 years experience as an Executive Chef in a quality hotel or restaurant with multiple restaurant venues and catering operation
- Culinary degree preferred
- Respond well to the changing environments of the kitchen, i.e. noise, temperature, etc.
- Strong organizational, decision making, time management, communication and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and creativity in menu development and special pricing in order to close on some catering business directly with the customer is a must.
- Must be a team player and understand the objectives of the entire Food and Beverage operation including hotel catering, room service and restaurants
Enjoy great pay, a flexible schedule, Paid Time Off, generous health and dental benefits and a 401k plan with a match!
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: