Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewProvide clerical and administrative support for the General Manager, including computer input, filing, tracing, answering telephones (for entire office as required), printing reports, payroll, maintaining manager files and departmental records; will provide administrative support to other key executives as needed.Essential Functions
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Be familiar with all services and features and local activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Make calls to specified individuals as requested. Greet all individuals arriving at executive offices and assist with their needs
- Document and maintain appointment calendar
- Arrange meeting room requirements as requested
- Retrieve and distribute departmental mail
- Prepare and distribute documents to appropriate personnel
- Prepare and distribute requests for complimentary room reservations
- Complete and distribute amenity request forms; follow up on any changes
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified hotel information, correspondence, reports and files
This position has a matrixed reporting structure between the General Manager, the Director of Sales and Marketing, and the Executive team. A flexible percentage of approximately 50% of time will be spent in support of Sales and Marketing administrative support.
This postion requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years administrative office experience required, preferrably with some sales, marketing, or public relations administrative support.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of current social media platforms required, inlcuding customer feedback related sites, PR related sites and recreational sites
- Reservations or similar sales experience preffered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Publisher
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the needs of the business.