Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
An overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized. The execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls. To advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area. In conjunction with the Executive Steward, ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.Responsibilities
- To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Agree with other Food and Beverage Department managers on the market potential for food outlets relating to the market competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, plan and implement menu design, creating suitable dishes and passing standard recipes to the food & beverage controller for costing.
- To work with the Executive Chef with capital expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- To create recipes and production methods.
- To compile new banquet menus when required.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s food production/offering.
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime.
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with personnel and the executive chef.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out.
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general correspondence/filing and records.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within the hotel.
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- To conduct/attend all required department meetings.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Personally involved in VIP Power Sites
- Kitchen Uniform Ordering
- Monitoring of & Overseeing Student Training Programs
- Attending Recruiting Trips to Culinary Schools & Community Colleges
- Attending Pre-Con Meetings
- Interacting with Meeting Planners and assisting in Menu Planning
- Schedule Approval on Weekly Basis
- Customer Service, prior admin experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs, Excellent organizational skills
- Clear, positive, energetic communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef level management position of a 4 star establishment or higher.
- Serve Safe certified food manager
- Able to deliver and communicate to diverse crowd of associates.
- Excellent communication and literature skills. (Bilingual)
- Sitting down, typing and writing for long periods of time.
- Interior of hotel in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures
- Exposure to food and beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to food items and beverages
Tools & Equipment:
- Computer and printer, telephone with multi-lines, photo-copy machine, and facsimile machine.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.