Events Services Manager
The Property:; The Loews Madison is only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments. Our sophisticated hotel in Washington DC has 353 exquisitely appointed guest rooms and 13 suites designed to provide the utmost elegance and privacy to our elite guests. Rooms are complemented with oversized desks and ergonomic chairs allowing guests to work in their hotel room with all the comforts of the home or office.Book and service all in-house meetings
- This is an entry level position
- Setup and prepare for all group pre-convention meetings
- Work a varied and flexible schedule throughout the week to make sure business demand times are adequately covered
- Assist department managers with all pre-event and post-event billing procedures
- Process and distribute all changes, updates and pop up BEO’s for conference and catering team
- Attend pre-con meetings and communicate all changes to hotel operations team
- Support daily administrative needs for Director of Conference and Catering
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include Saturday& Sunday
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and ease.
• Highly organized
• Knowledge of Delphi event management system
• Knowledge of hotel PMS systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Knowledge or hotel/resort facilities and operations
• Ability to work in a high pace environment with flexible hours and the possibility of early mornings, late nights and weekends
• Able to communicate effectively in English.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of industry experience in the conference or catering field is preferred
Appearance: Specific standards are available in Human Resources.
Job description is subject to change based on business levels and internal/external client needs
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V