PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the management of designated events and the proper communication of details for these events to ensure customer satisfaction and hotel profitability are achieved.
1. Promptly answer telephone calls following Marriott and Marcus standards using clear and positive English communication. Communicate information accurately to disseminate information and facts to relevant accounts and concerned departments.
2. Communicates with clients to ensure details for events are accurate and complete on a timely basis. Exercises decision-making skills to ensure customer satisfaction and hotel profitability.
3. Updates and manages CI/TY with event information and customer communication. Details, organizes, and distributes EOs, resumes and other essential communications necessary in event management.
4. Attend in-house meetings as required by your position, including Scrub, weekly Sales/Event team meeting and any other meetings deemed necessary to your position.
5. Organizes, files, distributes, faxes, and other essential functions necessary in the daily department operation.
6. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, menu description, banquet facilities, guarantees and seating charts. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
7. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency and heavy hotel activity.
8. Pass on incoming information and messages to clients when in-house.
9. Purchase gifts for clients as directed; deliver packages and faxes.
10. Acts as liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Managers absence.
11. Book all in-house meetings.
12. Responsible for a monetary goal to be mutually agreed upon by the General Manager and the Director of Operations.
13. Banquet Event Orders detail(s) completed in timely manner and containing all needed information to successfully execute the event, including for all in-house meetings.
14. Ability to communicate all special needs and changes to the staff responsible for ensuring completion of requirements.
15. Know the function space and how it works in detail along with appropriate set ups and turn times
16. Ensure guest satisfaction by follow up after event with thank you letter and comment card effectively and accurately communicate over the phone and take correct messages
17. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
18. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required, Four-year college degree preferred, however, any combination of education and training within hotel sales and/or event planning may also be considered.
2. Ability to effectively handle guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
3. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
4. Ability to sit, stand and move throughout to perform essential job functions.
5. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, knowledge of Marriott systems including CI/TY is preferred.
6. Basic mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, function costs and estimated checks.
7. Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel and oversight of events.
8. High degree of accuracy and detail orientation.
9. Knowledge of food, beverage, Audio Visual, Room Sets and Menu Planning is preferred.
10. Strong multiple – project management skills.
11. Promptly respond to requests for information on hotel facilities and menus.
12. Conduct tours of the hotel to include ballrooms, meeting space, guest rooms, food and beverage outlets and public space and meet with clients as needed.
13. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
14. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer.
15. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
16. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
17. Promptly respond to requests for information on hotel facilities and menus.
18. Attend all catering meetings and attend Food and Beverage and Department Head meetings when necessary.