Events Executive Sous Chef
The Standard, High Line
Location: US - NY - New York
The Standard, High Line is looking for an Events Executive Sous Chef with New York experience to join our amazing team. The Sous Chef plans, organizes, controls and directs the work of employees in the kitchen responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency. He or she will also be an effective leader and have the ability to manage a creative and diverse staff.
The Events Executive Sous Chef we're looking for has a minimum of 5 years solid banquet experience (preferably with some time in a managerial role), a refined eye, excellent culinary knowledge, strong communication and organizational skills, a highly developed sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task.
Competitive compensation and negotiable pay depending on experience and comprehensive benefit package available for all full-time employees
Manage and lead food production to ensure food reflects high standards of quality and taste.
- Research and develop new and unique recipes.
- Source local, farm to table ingredients when possible.
- Effectively communicate with staff and vendors.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Oversee banquet kitchen staff, including scheduling, payroll, hiring , training, positive reinforcements, employee evaluations, progressive discipline, and terminations.
- Establish and maintain food cost controls.
- 5 years experience in food focused environment
- Ability to lead effectively in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to define role and manage priorities.