What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As an Events Coordinator, you would be responsible for providing support in the Event department's continuing effort to ensure overall client satisfaction, deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Professionally represent the event team in all areas of hospitality
* Act as departmental liaison with customers, in absence of Director/Manager
* Contribute to the growth and performance of the department
* Able to interact with a variety of planners/customers
* Be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure
* Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to manage multiple projects and campaigns
* Ability to respond to unanticipated situations and shift priorities while remaining poised and calm under pressure
* Handle calls in a courteous, efficient manner using clear, understandable English. Assist in any way possible if further information is needed, responsible for taking detailed accurate messages and expediting delivery of that message to the appropriate manager
* Assist event managers with various tasks when requested. This includes but not limited to: greeting clients, checking space, requesting history, creating event orders, initiating programs from client specification sheets, customizing menu proposals
* Responsible for administrative tasks in the Events Department such as ordering supplies, completing PAFs, check requests, Purchase Orders, expense reports or other hotel documents needed to ensure complete and accurate payroll checks and reports. Working with standard forms such as resumes, PERs, BEOs, cutoff letters, amenities, welcome and thank you letters
* Manage all aspects of GroupMax
* Assist with Executive Office projects as needed
* Accurately maintain file management and organization based on corporate procedures
* Participates in internal and external meeting as determined by the Director of Events such as menu review, department, operational pre shifts.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Must be able to work a Monday - Friday schedule in a fast-paced environment, with occasional weekends and holidays. Minimum of 2 years experience in direct guest contact areas of the hospitality industry required. Prior hotel experience required. Prior experience as administrative assistant and experience in Events/Convention Services preferred. Non-exempt position starting at $14.75/hour.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
Living the Values
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.