Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, and development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest – spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG’s strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
The Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette & Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Peoria Complex seeks a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Event Meeting Manager to join our team.
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
* Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
* Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
* Is reachable by hotel provided cellular phone during off hours when manager has group present in house to answer questions regarding the group.
* Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
* Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill within 4 business days of client departure.
* Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
* Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
* Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
* Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
* Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
* Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Coordinates and communicates event details in writing to the customer and property operations.
* Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
* Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
* Follows up with customer post-event.
* Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints when directly involved with their assigned groups.
* Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
* Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
* Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
Conducting Customer Service Activities
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to Director of Catering.
* Any operational challenges associated with his/her group will be directed to the Director of Catering.
• High school diploma or GED; experienced (minimum 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
* Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
* Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
* Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
* Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
* Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
* Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
* Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
* Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
* Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
* Learning and Applying Professional Expertise; seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
* Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
* Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
* Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
* Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
* Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER