A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
Job Purpose: Generation of top line catering revenue for the hotel by maximizing all revenue potential and up-selling additional events/amenities, whenever possible, to build additional revenues.
- Handle and follow up on inquiries for small meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer's needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer's needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer's expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
- Present potential business at Driver Meetings to determine best mix of customers for hotel to attain budgeted revenues. Conduct meetings with client and hotel staff to ensure each event meets client's expectations.
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted by assigned sales manager. Completely orchestrates these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve problems.
- Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
- Maintain account files in software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi and Meeting Matrix or a similar system.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field
Minimum 2 years catering sales, or 2 years in hotel Catering/Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales or Culinary Arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.