JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Event Planner is to effectively manage and facilitate all events while exceeding the customers’ expectations and maximizing hotel revenue.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for servicing groups turned over from Sales and Catering.
- Reconfirm and adhere to all details in Sales Contract, to include, but not limited to the following: Deposit Schedules, Room Cut Off Dates, Room Block Release Dates, Rooming List Due Dates in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates arrangements and details for clients' functions.
- Must possess good attention to detail, work well under pressure and be able to balance time and work with deadlines.
- Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel events.
- Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Maintain effective communication within department, be responsive to training and instruction and apprise management of any concerns, suggestions and ideas. Stay aware of issues concerning sales, catering, banquets and general hotel operations.
- Follow through with information distributed to operational departments to ensure that it is properly understood and able to be carried out in the manner in which the meeting planner expects
College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Strong Organization, communication, customer service, and computer skills necessary.
JHM Hotels is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse prior to any offer of employment.