Evening Wash Person
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Laundry Wash Person to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Laundry Wash Person will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Laundry and Houekeeping Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we ensure a quality experience through our linens and terrys.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Loads linen into the washer.
- Selects the correct formula card for the type of linen being washed.
- Records washer start and finish on the production report.
- Unloads linen from the washer.
- Loads linen in and out of the dryer.
- Keeps work area and assigned machine clean.
- Performs any other task required by the Laundry and Uniform Services Assistant.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treat other employees (and the guests) with courtesy and respect.
- Completes any other duties as assigned by management.
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, and work area.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures.
- Complies with hotel policies and rules.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Remains current with hotel information and changes.
Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- No experience necessary.
- Must have Basic English skills.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours and withstand hot temperatures at the washing machine.
- Must be able to pull wet sheets and lay them into a cart for processing.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must be flexible to work any shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V