Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewManage Engineering team and operations for interior/exterior facilities including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling, structural, ground care and parking areas. Manage other engineering work necessary to maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
1) Engineering Degree or equivalent vocational training.
2) 5+ years of experience in building maintenance.
3) Certified in (at least 3) hotel engineering/maintenance positions.
4) Knowledge of all technical aspects of engineering/maintenance (i.e. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
5) Ability to communicate with engineering team members, hotel guests, contractors, vendor and suppliers.
6) Ability to provide legible communication.
1) Engineering Degree or technical equivalent.
2) 6+ years’ experience in building maintenance/engineering.
3) Active involvement in college level business or technical courses.
1) Ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve a common goal.
2) Ability to maintain hotel standards, policies and procedures with staff.
3) Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
4) Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
5) Ability to think clearly under high pressure or emergency situations.
6) Ability to promote positive work relationships with staff and other departments.
7) Ability to organize, direct, plan and control all engineering activities.