As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
The Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Resort offers 343
luxuriously appointed guest rooms with spectacular vistas, a beautiful and
tranquil spa, waterfront dining and 22,000 square feet of flexible meeting
space including the area's largest ballroom. Our refined yet relaxed
resort will connect guests through our highly-personalized and
anticipatory service, while delivering memorable experiences that evoke the
distinctive charm and spirit of Clearwater Beach.
The Engineering Manager will assist the Director of Engineering with providing leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the Engineering Department in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. He/She will be responsible for assisting with the financial stability of the resort engineering department; perform analysis of the financial data and determine impact to the engineering department and resort; determine cost effectiveness of interior and exterior preventative engineering in order to maintain high quality of Company’s assets. Perform safety inspections and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS) regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist with directing and managing the engineering department and vendor operations. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals and ensure your area of responsibility meets all company standards by performing daily audits and inspections. Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements and best practices and ensuring all compliance standards are met. Implement the policies and procedures necessary to adhere to all governmental requirements for hazardous harmful materials and equipment, includes management, training, engineering of MSDS, disposal, and record keeping. Works with the safety committee and other associates to assure resort safety. This includes performing specific safety training requirements and ensuring that each employee is properly trained and has a clear understanding of the hazard(s) of their responsibilities. Apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate assigned committee and team projects. (35% time)
2. Maintain positive Customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Exercise the ability to attract the highest quality of staff through effective hiring and retain talent by engaging, coaching, developing, and succession planning. Partner with Human Resources to ensure we are working within compliance and all work related standards. (35% time)
3. Assist with managing and supporting all financial aspects of the engineering department:
4. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship: Present bids and project scope for capital projects. Understand governing statues and board meeting procedures. Collaborate with Resort Manager to ensure all contracts negotiated on behalf of the HOA are presented in correct legal fashion and vetted prior to implementation. (5% time)
5. Build a Count on me culture. Initiate and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)