Engineering/Maintenance (Full Time)
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
With personal commitment and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay through maintenance, repair and upkeep of guestrooms, equipment, public and heart of house areas, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, provides a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and provides Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Provide technical expertise and competence in areas of painting, general maintenance, repairs of mechanical equipment in front of the house areas, as well as back of the house areas including kitchen, electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems.
- Prioritize and respond to all guests/rooms and internal requests, promptly and effectively, as required.
- Fulfill responsibilities according to established standards and core practices, with genuine care, attention and detail, using approved hotel products, tools and supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities, as directed.
- Assist in energy conservation programs.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships and communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest service needs, items which require maintenance, issues or concerns in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate.
- Accurately maintain work-order and other tracking systems.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Respect environmental guidelines.
- Assist other associates/ departments and undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Time management skills, great care and attention to detail.
- Functional Competence – Read blueprints and schematics, safely work with tools and equipment, push/pull/lift up to 100 lbs, stand, reach, grip and exert steady-paced mobility, throughout 8 hour shift.
- Operational Knowledge –Learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto and Engineering service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Self motivation – Able to follow through on direction, with minimal supervision.
- Communication –100% fluency in English.
- Problem solving –Troubleshoot, prioritize, multi-task, help others; respectfully, resourcefully and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel brand.
- Minimum Engineering academic attainment - 4th Class power Engineering, proficiency in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing practices and pool maintenance.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, and required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.