At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Consistent standards of operations with exceptional guest services by owning problems, thinking for ourselves, having security in our discussions, paying attention to details and what is being said and not to have constant guidance from management.
- Provide exceptional comfort and simplicity of operations for the purpose of internal and external guest operations
- All facility mechanical operations to be properly cared for and maintained at the highest standards
- Be a reliable source of updated knowledge regarding all Hotel operations
THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel Engineering Generalist will provide personal and impeccable guest service and team leadership. They will respond to guest room issues and requests in a timely manner. The Engineering Generalist will nurture an extensive network of internal and external relationships. The Engineering Generalist will anticipate needs, remain knowledgeable about all aspects of the hotel at all times, react swiftly and efficiently on all requests, and act as an exemplary team leader and ambassador of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel.
- We will promptly attend to all requests or issues with ownership and expedition to maintain the highest standards of operation at all times.
- We will familiarize ourselves with Knoxville and the surrounding communities and will share THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel story with our guest when opportunity arises.
- We will provide exceptional guest service and offer personal assistance or handle special requests personally.
- We will assist the guest to accommodate their requests and needs.
- We will respond to guest’s requests within 5 minutes.
A hotel where employees are empowered and given the freedom to creatively and resourcefully anticipate the guest’s wishes and needs and to follow through to ensure execution is flawless.
Create the “WOW” factor.
- High school degree
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and pleasantly in English
- Minimum 1 year hospitality maintenance experience preferred
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate all “skills” listed below
- Engineering Generalist
- Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
- Key Relationships: Executive Committee, Safety Committee, Guest Services Manager, General Manager, Hotel Manager, Food and Beverage Departments, Front Desk, Housekeeping Department, entire Engineering Department
- Internal: * Key Relationships with All Departments
Skills/Responsibilities (specific to Engineering)
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs
- Assist guests with information about Hotel amenities such as breakfast, dining and bar areas, vending areas, meeting rooms, guest laundry, sitting and smoking areas, fitness room, parking, and where they can find information about local restaurants and entertainment
- Understand and retain knowledge of how to program guest room RFID door locks (Kaba 790), change out door lock batteries, and perform lock audits as needed
- Must keep work areas and shop clean and organized, along with all other maintenance storerooms
- Must return all tools daily to their designated area in the shop
- Report and repair any minor damages/repairs needed to the property as you see them
- Report any major damages or repairs needed to the property in writing to the Engineering Supevisor or Director of Engineering (Chief Engineer)
- Additional abilities to include: carpentry, sheet rock installation and damage repairs, wallpapering, knock down, flooring, ceilings, weather proofing, grouting, caulking, furniture repairs, staining, painting, commercial door and lock repairs
- Engineering Generalists must check with the Engineering Supervisor or Director of Engineering (Chief Engineer) before clocking out and leaving for the day
- Must lock up keys and key cards in lock box at the end of shift (No keys or cards are to leave the property)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel features/services
- Hours of operations
- Daily group activities
- Fitness Center programs
- City of Knoxville points of interest and events
- Maintain a log of all guest requests
- Greet each guest with a warm welcome. End all guest interactions with a thoughtful farewell.
- Use guest name at least twice during a conversation in order to create rapport and a personal relationship with each guest
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and graciously
- Be thoughtful when handling guest complaints by owning the problem and providing solutions
- Maintaining a polite and considerate demeanor when interacting with both internal and external guests
- Welcome feedback, complaints, and compliments. Appreciation for this feedback fulfills our need to be the best in class. All feedback must be relayed to the Engineering Supervisor or Director of Engineering (Chief Engineer).
- Maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance at all times. Adhere to all IHG grooming and appearance standards/policies at all times (during entire shift).
- Work closely and communicate with all hotel Departments and fellow team members
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized work area
- HVAC: PTAC’s-Trouble shooting, cleaning of condenser and evaporator coils, changing and cleaning of filters, repair heat and/or change out heating elements’ replacement of a PTAC unit, remote