A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Bacara Resort & Spa is looking for an Engineering Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs general clerical duties including but limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and data entry. Sorts and distributes internal and external mail. Answers, screens and directs incoming calls and emails. Responds to reports of maintenance needs and guest requests. Works with internal departments to ensure work orders are appropriately directed, dispatched and tracked to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Enters information into property's computer system and maintains records such as preventive maintenance, work requests, vehicles, materials, etc.
- Maintains inventory of basic department supplies frequently used to maintain property. Processes needed requisitions/orders. Solicits pricing and bid information from vendors as directed. Uses computer to search needed materials and parts. Initiates/coordinates purchase of materials and supplies for projects handled by Engineering. Maintains related logs and prepares reports.
- Processes any special orders related to exhibits (i.e. electrical power, lighting, banners, etc.) and forwards necessary paperwork to accounting.
- Assists engineering management with daily administrative activities such as making sure payroll cards are complete and responding to any issues/questions from engineering staff. Completes required Engineering paperwork and reports.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 6 mos. prior office administration experience or general clerical experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance/housekeeping, luxury hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and operate other hotel computer systems. Requires attention to detail.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
About Our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group LLC (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts primarily located in California.
Bacara Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.