Find a New Altitude in every season at Vail's only Four Diamond ski-in/ski-out resort. Along the banks of Gore Creek, Vail Cascade features the very best of Colorado. With every amenity necessary to make the most of each stay, including access to Vail Mountain with Chair 20 onsite; creative Colorado cuisine and craft beer at Atwater on Gore Creek; the incomparable Aria Athletic Club & Spa; and a wide variety of accommodation offerings, Vail Cascade provides elevated experiences delivered by a team whose true passion is to serve and share the Colorado they love.
As an associate of Vail Cascade, gain lifelong memories through exceptional access to activity, relaxation, community and natural beauty. With over 30 years of hospitality excellence, Vail Cascade is well positioned for growth and prosperity. Vail Cascade is a proud property within the Destination Hotels & Resorts (DH&R) portfolio, which provides associates the ability to capitalize on the strengths of one of the country's largest independent hospitality management companies. Top performers will find abundant opportunities at Vail Cascade Resort, and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewThe Engineering Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Condominium Assistant Director of Engineering and Condominium staff. This includes collecting, reviewing, correcting, and maintaining the required filing to support the department work order system, preventative maintenance system, work log/department billing system, purchase order system and others. Maintaining these systems requires calling vendors, ordering materials, data entry, continuous follow-up, inventory knowledge and a willingness to learn, grow and help the department. If necessary, this position may assist the condominium the department with other duties, including but not limited to light maintenance and housekeeping.
- Will collect time sheets on a daily basis from interdepartmental mail, log time and attendance, review daily for corrections, fill out correction sheets, return to supervisor in charge, and maintain records of all for one (1) year.
- Daily collection of labor log sheets from assignment board, review and correct if required, enter data into labor log spread sheet under appropriate headings based on T&M accounts.
- Route check requests for signatures as required for payment of invoices (D.O.E., GM, and Controller) and return to accounts payable for payment, make copies for D.O.E. and return.
- Follow up with vendors as required regarding questions related to, but not limited to, delivery, statements, invoices, back orders, returns, credits, charges, and other issues.
- Maintain cleanliness in work area.
- Filing and maintaining organized records.
- Complete documentation on assignments each day.
- Take meeting minutes.
- Ordering of all office supplies.
- Must perform and assist with all maintenance duties as requested and assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong PC skills, especially current Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous administrative office experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to change activities frequently and cope with interruptions
- Excellent organizational, listening, and communication skills.
- Customer service skills including handling complaints and capitalizing on moments of opportunity
- The ability to word process, merge & edit proposals, contracts, introduction letters etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires walking, standing, or sitting to a significant extend periods of time.
- Excellent office and organizational skills including office procedures, filing systems and equipment.