A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Would you like to be a part of the team that creates an unforgettable and personalized dining experience? Are you a patient and pay a lot of attention to details? Are you process oriented and quality driven?
If the answer is YES, The Meritage Resort and Spa is looking for you! Just like the wine that inspired its name, The Meritage Resort and Spa is the perfect blend of wine tasting, dining, spa, beautiful event spaces, romance and indulgence— all in one California Wine Country hotel.
Performs general maintenance and repair throughout the hotel requiring certification or proficiency in one or more areas of hotel maintenance and repair such as painting, maintenance and/or carpentry. Specific work areas are assigned to each team member based on skill level, experience, and business need. Keeps accurate records on assigned tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces parts found throughout the property, such as machinery, repair/cleaning of drains, replacing light bulbs and filters, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and maintains all tools and equipment used in performance of the job. Keeps tools orderly and in good working order.
- Uses computer to receive work orders and record work performed. Keeps timely and accurate records.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Responds to guest and internal requests for service/repair as assigned.
- Responsible for performing general repairs in and around the hotel requiring expertise or proficiency in painting, carpentry or maintenance. Performs general level maintenance and repairs based on individual's certification/proficiency, ability, experience, skill level and training. Works in any areas requiring assistance as assigned and based on business need. Repairs include carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, refrigeration repairs, finish work, HVAC repairs, etc. Escalates unresolved issues to other engineers or management as needed to complete repairs and provide high level of guest satisfaction.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Assists with response during emergency crisis to ensure operational support areas are covered to provide excellent customer service.
- Assists other engineers with maintenance and repairs as needed. Provides basic instruction to other engineers as needed.
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, tools and materials needed to minimize unneeded down time.
- Notifies management of major system/building problems or failures and unanticipated maintenance needs.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or proficiency required in one or more of the following areas: maintenance, painting or carpentry.
- Two years related experience required, preferably in a similar work environment.
- Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires general communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills and ability to use computer systems used at the property.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Proper use and knowledge of various types of tools and equipment used in hotel maintenance and repairs.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member talks occasionally and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the guest rooms and other hotel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move furniture and equipment. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as tools, furniture and equipment. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of systems and equipment (including inspection.) The team member is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach when performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpentry, painting, mechanics. The team member is required to have visual acuity to safely operate tools and equipment. The team member is required to have visual acuity to identify problems and determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat and humidity found outside and in hotel operations areas such as kitchen and laundry areas. May be exposed to extreme cold if working in refrigerated areas. The team member is subject to loud noise produced by hotel operations equipment and tools. There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The team member is regularly exposed to vibration produced by a tools and equipment. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or e
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.