Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of the Engineering staff, quality service, guest satisfaction and safety. Supervises preventive maintenance and repairs, monitors life safety systems and utilities and assist in department administration in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the Engineering staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- In conjunction with Engineering management, prepare and maintain schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities. Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Prioritize Engineering service requests to ensure guest convenience, satisfaction, safety. Assign, track, monitor and perform preventive maintenance and resolve repairs in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Ensure engineering and work areas are in orderly and clean condition. Ensure the staff is trained in the appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Examine, test and maintain life safety systems to protect guests, employees and assets.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested