Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewResponsible for maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work. Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments on a timely basis. Participate in the preventive maintenance program for all building equipment and rooms. Complete other special projects assigned periodically by the Director of Engineering.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Receive daily work assignments from Director of Engineering/Manager and review priorities and special projects.
- Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the resort.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in commercial electricity , HVAC, and refrigeration
- Refrigerant Universal Certification
- Working knowledge of all electrical supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
- Working knowledge of:
- health codes
- electrical codes
- national/local fire codes
- local mechanical codes
- blue prints and wiring schematics
- power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers).
- Ability to:
- Interpret manufacturer’s literature for installation, preparations, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property
- Be well organized and follow instructions
- Focus attention on details
- Operate high reach lifts
- Prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments
- Be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments
- Work and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training
- Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training
- Ability to perform basic carpentry skills