A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Performs general maintenance and repair throughout the hotel requiring certification or proficiency in one or more areas of hotel maintenance and repair such as painting, maintenance and/or carpentry. Specific work areas are assigned to each Team Member based on skill level, experience, and business need. Keeps accurate records on assigned tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for performing general repairs in and around the hotel requiring expertise or proficiency in painting, carpentry or maintenance. Performs general level maintenance and repairs based on individual's certification/proficiency, ability, experience, skill level and training. Works in any areas requiring assistance as assigned and based on business need. Repairs include carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, refrigeration repairs, finish work, HVAC repairs, etc. Escalates unresolved issues to other engineers or management as needed to complete repairs and provide high level of guest satisfaction.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Responds to guest and internal requests for service/repair as assigned.
- Uses computer to receive work orders and record work performed. Keeps timely and accurate records.
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and maintains all tools and equipment used in performance of the job. Keeps tools orderly and in good working order.
- Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces parts found throughout the property, such as machinery, repair/cleaning of drains, replacing light bulbs and filters, etc.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties
as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Bacara Resort and Spa is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.