The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewThis position will specialize in a maintenance trade which includes but is not limited to; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician.
While assuming the responsibilities in their respective trade, this position will also be responsible with assisting to guest requests, perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property including but not limited to; guest rooms, public areas, kitchens, laundry, HVAC/CP equipment, electrical systems, plumbing systems, pools, spas, refrigeration equipment, painting, drywall, wallpaper, carpentry, furniture and all other related or unrelated equipment or facilities maintenance requirements and preventive maintenance programs.Essential Functions
- Take ownership in the specialized trade hired for such as; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Perform other trades as needed such as; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, pool maintenance and carpentry work orders
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
Ensure security of any assigned keys
- Must be certified in the trade in which this position is specialized
- Previous experience in specialized trade at a similar facility Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience and or training
- Some general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, carpentry and facilities maintenance knowledge
- Must know how to use or have the ability to learn and understand basic diagnostic devices to trouble shoot and maintain equipment (meters, detectors, measuring tools, test kits, etc.)
- Must be experienced with hand tools and other tools used in the normal repair and maintenance of equipment